Update April the 8th (2014) -> It’s finished!
Last weekend I finished work on my interpretation of a Ford Roadster rat rod. Oh boy, it’s
big and I am proud of it! Today a photographer took a few pictures of me with it for an
interview next week in a local newspaper. I hope I can do real shots for the website in the next week or so.
A few weeks ago I started building my biggest object thusfar: my version of a ’32 Ford roadster.
Once finished it will measure about 1m20 (47.2 in) long. This post will show the process in photographs (updates will follow).
Wanna stay tuned on progress? Sign up for the junkart bulletin here
The wooden chassis is ready, and I am happy with the positioning of the wheels. Working on the mockup of the body with cardboard.
The body is made from old Lundia shelves and I already cut out a few body panels (old tin cans). Wow, watch the mess in my little workshop! Time to clean up…
The body panels on the back are sown together with hemp cord, next step is to create a boat-like deck behind the leather seat. This will be made out of old sigarbox-lids.
Just a little teaser clip showing the WIP (Work in Progress).
Quick mockup of the driver. Normally I use old dolls and work from there, but this one is created from scratch. I am particularly pleased with the paints made out of inner bike tubes.
The finished ‘deck’ made out of old sigarbox lids.
And yet again, my little workshop is a mess… But in a few weeks ago my workshop will improve as I bought a cabin for extra storage.
A quick shot of the dashboard and the little guy driving the car.
The front is coming along nicely…